Monday, November 29, 2010

Our Christmas tree!

Yesterday Alex and I wanted to buy and decorate our own Christmas tree for the first time in 5 years. Every year my family and I usually buy one or go cut one down in the Santa Cruz mountains, that's why Alex and I have never had our own. We would just decorate the family tree together. This year though, Alex and I decided that we were going to do our own tree :) We don't live together yet so the tree is at my house. I've always wanted a white tree with lots of pretty colorful decorations. Of course I wanted all pink and silver with splashes of green but his favorite color is red. So we compromised and added cute little red bulb ornaments. So in the morning we went to Wal-Mart and found all of our stuff for really cheap. The 6'5 ft white tree was $38, and ornaments ranged anywhere from $1-3! We also bought a cute ribbon to go around the tree. The star on top of the tree was I believe $4. So all in all we didn't spend too much for our first tree together. It was so much fun decorating it when we finally got back to my house. At first we had it in the dining room where we always have our family tree. My mom however was being a brat (lol) and wanted her own big fluffy green tree. So her and my dad went and bought one. She came home with and 8'5 ft tree! So I ended up moving my tree to the living room. NOW WE HAVE TWO TREES haha. My tree looks better in the living room anyway :) So here they are....



4 comments:

  1. thats cute... i just decorated my house with mt boyfriend for the first time i was able to pick the colors *-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAOOO this is too funny, but they are both cute... Love the ornaments... I wasn't going to get one, but you're making me change my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww how cute.. i love your white tree!
    It's really cute to get to decorate together with your loved one :D

    You guys did a great job and dat's good you both agreed on the colors!

    xoxo

    -Blanca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Christmas tree. Really appreciable thanks for sharing More

    ReplyDelete